Art Goals - 2009
Art Goals 2009:
EDM members inspired me to set goals several years ago and I am grateful for the suggestion. Without them, I'm not sure whether I would have remained as active and productive. So here are my current plans for 2009.
1. Daily Art: Continue to complete one sketch daily, do weekly EDM challenges, and upload some journal pages to my blog at least twice per week.
2. Bookbinding: Make more ~6" x 8" watercolor journals for the year using Fabriano Artistico extra-bright 140 lb soft press paper.
3. More Sketchbook Drawing Practice:
a. Faces and figures - try self-portraits?
b. Continue to draw the Masters to learn how they make their lines.
c. Interiors of my current apartment for the "My Homes" series.
4. Current Projects:
a. Redraw and paint Cezanne’s Card Players at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the second year.
b. Finish myThemed Journals: Elizabeth I journal (London) from photos I took there in 2006-7 and my NY State Tax Report journal (New York City) for my 10 blocks from home series of drawings.
5. Retirement Project: I would like to develop a project for my first 6 months of retirement (July-Dec 2009). I love this city and never have enough time to explore it. I need to consider whether I can combine local travel by bus and subway and illustrated journaling of my days exploring specific sections of Manhattan.
6. Structured Learning: Read Drawing with Children by Mona Brooks
7. Find a Local Art Buddy: I’d love to have someone to do sketchcrawls with in Manhattan.
8. PLAY: I want to do more experimentation, trying new tools and techniques and loosening up - thinking only of process, not product.